Designed for life at sea, this single owner 2020 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey has recently returned from adventures in the Caribbean to her original commissioning Jeanneau dealership. Fred’s Dream is configured in the versatile 2 cabin, 2 head version, with a third flexible workshop / cabin, and is shoal draft with an ICW friendly mast.
Fred’s Dream was configured for easy sailing. Her sail plan includes a furling Dacron mainsail, and a self-taking jib on a dedicated track. In addition, the yacht has been configured on deck for use of a code 0 of spinnaker, and a NEW code 0 made of Challenge XRP laminate was purchased in 2022. The Marc Lombard hull design combines a long waterline length and hard chine for speed. Comfort, and performance at sea, which is complimented by the sail plan. The native blow allows for a maximum waterline length, while allowing for a finger entry at the bow through the waves.
The twin helm and twin rudder configuration provides for great handling. With dedicated helmsman seating on either tack, forward visibility for the helmsman is excellent. Fred’s Dream is equipped with a Raymarine electronics suite including p70s autopilot and ACU400, Axiom 7 multifunction touchscreen display at helm, i70s multifunction display, depth and speed, masthead wind sensor, and Raymarine Ray 53 VHF. The helmsman is aided by upgraded electric primary winches, and an additional electric winch on the coachroof.
On deck, Fred’s Dream includes the revolutionary walkaround step-free desks. The ergonomic deck plan with flush hatches, and reduced tripping hazards allow for ease of movement around the deck.
The cockpit is vast, and ideal for entertaining. With dedicated seated for the helmsman, guests can relax around the folding leaf cockpit table, and enjoy drinks from the dedicated fridge. The electric folding transom makes an idea space for lounging and dinghy access, and includes a swim ladder. Fred’s Dream comes complete with dinghy, outboard, and custom Atlantic Towers arch to hold the dinghy out of the water while underway. The arch is fitted with a 700w solar panel installation.
Down below, the design team engaged an interior designer to combine style and functionality below deck, and create a fresh and homely look, more commonly associated with a waterside condo. Key attributes include a step free layout, vast storage which is low and functional, and large portlights and hatches to increase natural light during the day, with added ambient lighting at night.
The saloon area is spacious and bright. The ambiance Weiss (white) upholstery is modern and stylist, and made of a fabric which is amenable to cleaning, and the neutral color allows the new owner to adopt any choice of color scheme throughout the yacht. The saloon includes a wraparound dining table seating, and a portside chaise lounge for relaxing and watching TV. Reverse cycle air conditioning is available throughout the boat.
The Sun Odyssey 410 also includes a forward facing chart table with dedicated oversized seat, which also serves as a functional desk or workstation, and is adjacent to the ship’s systems’ panel. In addition to storage within the table itself, under the seat is a vast locker, and a book shelf and additional cubbies ideal for smaller items are adjacent to the stylish clock and barometer.
The galley is generous and designed in a safe semi-u-shape configuration. It includes a two burner propane stove and oven, microwave, large top and front loading refrigerator, double sink with hot and cold water, ample storage including dedicate cutlery drawer, and separate trash can. There is a second fridge drawer in the third flexi-cabin.
The forward owner’s berth is bright and includes views of the ocean, and top opening hatches. The berth is deliberately rectangular shaped, accepting standard bedsheets and bedding. Bedside tables, ambient lighting, and ample storage in a closet and below the berth, provide for a sizeable owner’s stateroom. The private heads includes dedicated and separate shower, sink, electric quiet flush heads, and toiletries cabinet.
The guest cabin is well appointed and again features rectangular full size mattresses with 6’6” length, and dedicated hanging locker. The second heads include electric quiet flush toilet, sink, shower, and storage.
The engine is readily accessed below the companionway steps, and is soundproofed. The third cabin provides further access to the soundproofed generator, and inverter, and electrical systems, and can be readily used as a third double cabin. Recent systems upgrades include NEW house battery bank of 4 GRP 31 deep cycle house batteries in October 2022, bow thruster service and new battery in September 2023, new starter battery in September 2023, haul out and bottom paint in July 2022, new cutlass bearing in July 2022.
Fred’ Dream is a well-equipped and proven cruiser, ready to head north or south.
- Air conditioning available on shore power and generator;
- Bow thruster – serviced in September 2023 and NEW battery in September 2023;
- Shoal draft, and ICW friendly mast;
- Raymarine electronics suite including Axiom 7 multifunction touchscreen display at helm, i70s multifunction display, depth and speed, masthead wind sensor, Raymarine Ray 53 VHF, and p70s autopilot and ACU400;
- Downwind pack including spinnaker hardware, rigging for asymmetric sail / code 0, and windex;
- NEW code 0 in 2022;
- Furling mast with Dacron mainsail;
- Self tacking jib track, and self tacking jib for ease of sailing;
- Electric primary winches, and additional electric winch on coachroof;
- Custom arch with davits to pull dinghy out of water from Atlantic Towers;
- Solar panels with 700w;
- Dinghy and outboard;
- Revolutionary walkaround step free decks with non-skid GRP;
- GRP bowsprit;
- Electric windlass;
- Anchoring kit including chain and rode;
- Deluxe cockpit table with foldable GRP leaves for easy maintenance;
- Cockpit fridge unit inside cockpit table;
- Electric drive transom platform to create a sunbathing platform and dinghy dock;
- Recently laundered canvas package (original) including dodger, bimini, and connector;
- Vinyl rubrail;
- Mooring kit including fenders and lines;
- Dock water inlet;
- Upgraded 45hp shaft drive Yanmar engine;
- Entertainment pack including Fusion RA70N stereo with radio, Bluetooth, and USB connection with speakers in the saloon and cockpit;
- TV in saloon and TV antenna;
- Excellence pack, including indirect lighting, additional vertical access door to galley fridge, lamps, signature clock and barometer, wine bottle storage, and saloon shades;
- Full galley in a semi-u shape configuration including propane stove and oven, microwave, large top and front loading refrigerator, double sink with hot and cold water, ample storage including dedicate cutlery drawer, and separate trash can.
- Additional refrigerator drawer in third cabin / workshop with storage unit above;
- Fans in cabins and galley;
- Water heater;
- Extra water tank;
- Inverter – new in 2023;
- 4 NEW GRP 31 deep cycle house batteries in October 2022 ($1700)
- NEW starter battery September 2023;
- Forward owner’s cabin with large double rectnagular shaped mattress, mattress battens in forward owner’s cabin, hanging closet, storage, and dedicated owner’s en-suite heads and shower;
- Electric quiet flush heads both fore and aft.
- Last haul out in July 2022 and bottom job completed.
- Cutlass bearing replaced in July 2022.